Thursday 7 August 2014

The British Tag

Jumping on the bandwagon with this post I'm afraid folks.....It's the British Tag! Thanks to Sammi From Beauty Crush for coming up with the idea :-)

I am British born and bred and although some most days I dream about living in warmer climes I actually wouldn't want to leave!

So without further ado here are my answers............

12 of My Favourite British Things by UK fitness and Lifestyle Blogger The Claire Diaries



HOW MANY CUPS OF TEA DO YOU HAVE A DAY + HOW MANY SUGARS?

I don't drink all that much tea since I started my diet....water kind of took over so maybe 2/3 tops. I don't have any milk or sugar either......how boring is that?

FAVOURITE PART OF YOUR ROAST?

For this I'm torn! I love love love proper roast potatoes....not shop bought ones but proper ones like my grandmother used to make! I also love Yorkshire Puddings. It's not a proper roast without either of them!

FAVOURITE DUNKING BISCUIT?

This has to be Malted Milk - I know a lot of people hate them and I just don't get it they're gorgeous and hold the tea well whilst dunking :-)

FAVOURITE QUINTESSENTIALLY BRITISH PASTIME?

You'll see from my Instagram feed that I love the good old British Seaside. I love to see the kids playing on the beach and eating good old traditional FRESH fish and chips....not part of the clean eating lifestyle but I call it my cheat meal :-)

FAVOURITE WORD?

There's a lot of words that I use that are perhaps best to be left unsaid on here!

COCKNEY RHYMING SLANG?

Apples and Pears = Stairs. Dog and Bone = Phone.  Hank Marvin = Starving.  Adam & Eve = Believe
That's all I know....not very good am I?

FAVOURITE SWEET?

Floral Gums, Midget gems and proper Wine gums from a proper sweet shop.

WHAT WOULD YOUR PUB BE CALLED?

Honestly no idea?? I really can't think of a name? Maybe The Spitfire????

No. 1 BRITISH PERSON?

Well I'm going to have to say The Queen.....Who else???

FAVOURITE SHOP / RESTAURANT?

Is this British or just in general??
BRITISH - Joules & or Next and a good traditional English Pub. Our local does a good meal!

FAVOURITE BRITISH SONG?

Hmmmmmmmm Hey Jude always pops into my head - can't say it's my favourite but it does seem very British after all it gets played at every opening / closing ceremony and festival.......
Otherwise maybe Adele Someone Like You?

MARMITE?

Yes Yes Yes..... I bloomin LOVE the stuff. when I was little I'd eat so much that it would burn my mouth.....Always looked like I had a clown smile.
Now I love a slice of Marmite on Toast when I'm tucked up on a winters Sunday morning........BLISS.

I TAG YOU......What are you're favourites??






No comments:

Post a Comment