Thursday 6 August 2015

These Are A Few Of My Favourite Things

UK Lifestyle blog - my fave things


What would you take to a desert island? You will no doubt have been asked this question in the past. It makes a great ice breaker when you meet new people.
Obviously after you've thought about taking your kids, other half, cats, dogs etc you can turn to thinking about material things that you would take with you.

I decided to give some thought to this question,
I would obviously want to take photos and memories with me, but it was more interesting to answer this question thinking about the items I use in my day to day life that I couldn't possibly live without.........

1) My Laptop (praying there was a random Wifi connection - yes I know unlikely)
I have a pretty basic laptop not a fancy Mac one but I do LOVE it. I use it everyday, mainly for watching Pretty Little Liars on Netflix (WHO IS A????) but it also gets used for work and blogging. My laptop contains all my photos and music and therefore most of my memories from the last few years,

2) My IPhone.
I mean....obvs.......I'm ashamed to say it but I am fairly glued to my Iphone. I'm always checking Instagram or Twitter for work and pleasure. I use the camera on an almost hourly basis and of course it contains all my fave workout playlists for when I'm hitting the gym.

UK Lifestyle Blog - Orange River Island Chain Strap Bag


3) Orange Camera/Handbag
Technically this bag isn't a camera bag, but I find it the perfect size to carry my camera, spare lens and still fit my purse and phone in.
I do really need to buy a camera cube to protect my camera when I'm out and about.

UK Lifestyle Blog - Canon dslr digital camera


4) DSLR Camera
This is a fairly recent development. I bought my camera not to long ago for blogging purposes. To be honest at first I found it a bit embarassing taking such a big camera pretty much everywhere with me let alone whipping it out in some pretty random places but now it's become like second nature to me......"Blogger Problems"

5) Rimmel "Kate" Lipstick in Shade 40.
Another recent development. I've started wearing Lipstick. I'm not sure when this started to be honest but I can't get enough of pretty nude colour lipsticks. For either day time or a night out this has to be my absolute favourite.
It's moisturising and pigmented giving a nice natural colour.

UK Lifestyle Blog - Rimmel Lipstick and Garnier BB Cream


6) Garnier BB Cream.
I've mentioned this before and would be a must if I was left on a desert island. It contains SPF and provides amazing coverage but isn't too cakey. Perfect for hot summer, beach weather!

What would you need to take to a desert island?

4 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I'm also glued to my iPhone, a 100% a firm favourite, and ofcourse my laptop when it has wifi! The Kate Moss nude collection at Rimmel is great isn't it, i love the lippy i bought in shade 42!

    Courtney | http://courtzmelv.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Rimmel Kate Moss collection. I need to buy another couple in different shades I think. It's so moisturising too!

      Delete
  2. Haha I think everyone would take a phone! How would we tweet, post, selfie & communicate?? Lol
    Is that BB cream worth it then?

    Bex x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the BB cream. I bought it when it was on offer though.
      Not tried any different ones but I really do love this one xxx

      Delete