Thursday 31 July 2014

All the Time In The World



My 30th Birthday is fast approaching, and recently I've realised that many of the things you are meant to achieved by the age of 30 have somewhat evaded me!
I am still yet to travel abroad or even travel to the South of the country, I haven't yet bought a house or found myself the perfect career.

Who decided these were all things that you needed to achieve before the age of 30? I am married and I do have two beautiful kids but that's about as much as I've achieved! I know that bringing up kids is no mean feat and I am immensely proud of the people they are becoming and the way they are turning out, but the other things like a career and house are always in the back of my mind.

Part of me wishes I could go back in time and achieve all those other things, but if I had travelled would I have met my husband? If I had a career would I of had time to have my kids? Probably not.
I've decided that in the run up to my 30th it's time I started to forget, or at least not think about all the things I haven't achieved and start to think about all the things I have done.

Regardless of time passing by, money, excuses and laziness would of always played a part in whether I achieved everything I wanted to achieve by the time I was 30. I think it's time to start appreciating everything I have, and to work towards the things I want for the future. In the last 30 years if there is one thing I've learnt it's that you can have anything you work for! Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment