Tuesday 1 September 2015

Weekend Happiness #1

Little Things Making me Happy UK Lifestyle Blog


For the past couple of weeks I've been doing a weekend round up post. Over this weekend I've spent a lot of time thinking about what makes me happy and therefore decided to combine the two in a new blog series each week and call it "Weekend Happiness".
Basically it's all about the things I've done at the weekend and all the little things that make me happy!

This weekend was bank holiday and therefore naturally flew past! It was the last weekend of the summer holidays and whilst I'm seriously going to miss the little ones I can't help but crave some more routine and structure for our lives. I'm not going to lie I'm not really looking forward to the early mornings and lack of duvet days but it does mean that Autumn is well on it's way and I do love autumn (eek).......

New Shoes! Yes technically they are summer shoes but I'm guessing we will have a few days of sunshine left before I need to dig the winter boots out of the wardrobe. These little beauties were in the sale at Primark (£3.00) and are so comfy. Perfect for walking around seaside towns!

Breakfast out with the kids. I've been meaning to try this new cafe in town for a long time - well all summer really and we finally made it! The waffles were lovely and it was so nice just to sit and have a relaxed lazy breakfast without any washing up.

Walking in the Yorkshire Dales. This weekend was Mummy Son weekend. We went to Malham Cove in the dales and went hunting waterfalls. I am going to do a post on this but I don't think I have ever enjoyed a weekend so much.

Steampunk. This isn't something I actually understand if I'm honest but the steampunk festival was in Lincoln this weekend and it really is an amazing sight to see!

Whitby Sunsets. For me this really marked the end of the Summer. After our waterfall hunting trip we headed to the seaside for fish and chips and met this gorgeous sunset. It was so beautiful and really made me appreciate just how much I've enjoyed being at home with the kids this holiday.....arguments and all!

Right time to crack on with the uniform naming and ironing. Wish me Luck!!

FIND ME AT THE CLAIRE DIARY



No comments:

Post a Comment